Covering the period from 1 January 2021 to 31 December 2021 (the “Scheme Year”) and relates only to DC benefits (including additional voluntary contributions (“AVCs”) and the DC benefits of hybrid members) in the Scheme.
The Trustee of the HSBC Bank (UK) Pension Scheme (the “Scheme”) is required to produce a yearly statement (which is signed by the Chair of the Trustee) to describe how these governance requirements have been met in relation to:
- the default investment options (including the main default options in which members are invested and other “legacy” funds also classed as default arrangements);
- the requirements for processing financial transactions;
- the charges and transaction costs borne by members;
- an illustration of the cumulative effect of these costs and charges;
- a ‘value for members’ assessment; and
- Trustee knowledge and understanding.